The benefits of living in a 55-Plus range AV Homes community the opportunity to live in the house of your dreams to feel that sense of community and enjoy endless activities, with a lot of advantages in between. Join us listed by the top 10 benefits of living in a 55-Plus community and why so many active 55-Plus adults are choosing this lifestyle instead of continuing to live in traditional neighborhoods as they age .
10 Reasons 55-Plus Communities Are For You
- Sense of community: Living in a community that has that strong sense of community, as opposed to a neighborhood that is alone, can have a huge impact on your well-being and quality of life. At AV Homes, we take pride in understanding the true importance of the community. To say all neighborhoods are communities is simply not true. For a neighborhood or a house to be part of a community, you need to provide residents more than a place to live. And the 55-Plus active adults, living in a 55-plus community gives them a world of social opportunities and the warm feeling of home and friendships!
- Neighbors: In our 55-Plus communities, knowing and being friends with your neighbors is the norm. We promote an active adult life, as well as a strong sense of community in all our communities, allowing residents to get to know their neighbors well. If you are looking for a place to call home, where you can stop by your neighbor’s house after your morning walk just to say hello, or borrow a cup of flour to bake a few buns to point at your Weekly card game, a community of 55-Plus is the place for you.
- Activities: Living in a 55-Plus community gives residents more than enough activities and opportunities to keep themselves occupied. For active adults looking to learn new skills and stay busy, 55-Plus communities are the answer. With clubs to join and organizations become a part of, communities intended for the 55-Plus are conceptualized, designed, and built with you in mind. Since 55-Plus communities are made up of people just like you, you will never get bored.
- Accommodations: In addition to endless activities to keep you busy, 55-Plus communities boast a long list of features. From clubhouses and community pools to exercise rooms and on-site safety, the amenities will ensure that you feel safe, comfortable and at home.
- Homes designed for you: Unlike other communities than design houses with builders in mind, our homes built for 55-Plus communities are built with you in mind. This means that each square meter of the single dwelling was designed and developed to make the adults active as you comfortable. From the square meters and the number of rooms to outdoor patios and open floor plans, you will feel right at home.
- Peace and Tranquility: One of, if not the most popular benefit of living in a pinnacle living virginia senior living communities are the fact that they are just that, 55-plus communities. Meaning, you must be 55 years or older to live in the community. This means that there will rarely be small children running (with the exception of the grandchildren who come to visit) making noise, which prevents you from relaxing and enjoying outdoor activities. Not to mention community services such as swimming pools and walking trails will be limited to you and your neighbors, all of whom are 55-plus active adults.
- Learn new skills: If you’ve ever wanted to learn a new skill or start a new hobby, now’s the time, and 55-Plus communities are the place. As you and your neighbors and community members begin the next chapters of your lives, you will find that you are not alone in your desire to learn new hobbies and abilities. Between classes in community centers some 55-Plus communities “and clubs and groups that residents have started, you will have no problem finding anything that peaks your interest.
- Active lifestyle:Living in 55-Plus communities with other active adults as you allow you and those around you to live that active lifestyle you have always wanted to live. If you want to become physically active with walks and daily workouts, active in your education and learning new skills, or just want to be away from home keeps busy, a community of 55-Plus will help you do just that. Unlike traditional communities that are not specifically targeted at active adults, 55-Plus communities are geared toward promoting active lifestyles, increased amenities and endless activities. You will find that it is almost impossible to get into a rest routine in the 55-Plus community, which is great news for your health and your mind!
- Opportunities to Return: 55-Plus communities are well known for the large number of service projects, community improvement, charitable fundraising and government involvement. The vast knowledge and experience that resides in 55-Plus communities includes teachers, doctors, corporate executives, and others with the ability to mobilize and accomplish great things.
- Convenience: At this point in your life, you have finished raising your children and caring for others; It is finally time to take care of yourself and focus on launching the next chapter of your life the way you want to live. For many active adults it means living in a community that is convenient; A community that offers activities and services for its residents, is a short trip to places like the grocery store and a movie theater, and a community that encompasses more than enough services and activities to keep you busy within your community.
Living in a 55-plus community that is conceptualized, designed and built with active adults in mind has its advantages. While there are a lot of benefits of living in a community of 55 Plus, this list completes our top ten. For more information on the 55-Plus AV Homes communities, please visit our Lifestyle 55-Plus page.